We're taking Apollo in for her spay today, so it's going to be a bit before it's safe for the little munchkin to binky up a storm again. I'll keep you guys updated on how things go.
Update 9:44am Just dropped Apollo off for her spay. Her curiosity led her into the travel cage without a fuss. Oddly, Naomi was the one who started thumping once she saw Apollo in the travel cage. Like, why are you thumping? You're not even the one going to the vet!
When I got back, Naomi hopped out of her cage and went looking for Apollo. I had to cheer her up with a banana chip because she looked really subdued and I think she's actually worried about the little munchkin.
I was told they would call me close to when they close today, so I'll let you know how things went then.
Update 11:16am Mazel tov--Apollo's a boy! Apparently his trouble puffs were all kinds of tucked up in there and wouldn't have come down on their own.
Update 8pm Apollo is home and happily munching on pellets! It's been a long day for the little fella. I have pain meds for him and just need to keep an eye on the surgery site. We're just glad he's feeling well enough to eat on his own!
The vet did say that the one teste that was stuck inside (cryptorchid) had the appearance of ova due to the body temperature causing that change in histology, while the other that partially descended was normal.



Oh poor thing, a necessary procedure so she can be besties with Naomi, but Apollo is going to be really scared and hurt for a while. Crossing fingers so everything goes smoothly! 馃馃徎馃馃徎馃馃徎
ReplyDeleteHi M贸nica!
DeleteAww, thanks! Yeah, it's definitely a necessary surgery so she can have a long healthy life without worries about reproductive cancers. I'll give the little munckin a gentle noogie for you when she gets home.
JESUS CHRIST APOLLO, you are the monarch of gender fluid.
ReplyDeleteHi M贸nica!
DeleteLOL! Apollo is cool with being his-/her-/them-self.
The vet did say that the one teste that was stuck inside had the appearance of ova due to the body temperature causing that change in histology, while the other that partially descended was normal.