Monday, July 27, 2026

Sun's out, buns out!

Apollo and Naomi were little beach buns in Ocean City, Maryland. The little munchkins were intrigued by the ocean and were quite popular with the folks on the boardwalk as I took this pic with their new friend, Terry the sea turtle. It had rained overnight and the sun came out just as we were about to leave, so I had to get a pic of them at the beach!

We had a great time visiting with family and couldn't have asked for better weather while we were there. After everything that's happened this year, we really appreciated the change of pace for a couple days!

6 comments:

Anna said...

I love Ocean City. Glad you all and the buns had a good time. I hope Mr Giraffe enjoys his new buddy with Terry the Sea Turtle!

Mónica López said...

How exciting for them! Lol they were just like "WHAT IS THAAT", of course they were popular, they were the coolest girls at the beach, I'm sure Naomi would have given surfing a try!
I'm so happy they found a new friend, welcome to the band, Terry!

Tarosagi said...

That looks like a lot of fun, I’m glad you were all able to enjoy a nice vacation to the beach and I’m so happy to hear that Apollo and Naomi were so popular!

How did they feel about the whole experience, did they enjoy digging a sand and making a sand castle fort bun?

Courtney said...

Hi Anna!
Oh, I'm glad you've had a chance to go there too! Aww, thanks. I'm sure Mr. Giraffe will appreciate the extra help in keeping the little munchkins out of trouble! ;)

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica!
It was cute how they both went to the front of their carriers to watch the waves and smell the ocean air when we turned them towards the beach! Oh, she totally would be a surfer girl given how much of a little water bug she is.

They've both chinned Terry's shell, so she got a warm welcome and will no doubt be a special member of their entourage! :)

Courtney said...

Hi Tarosagi!
Aww, thanks and it really was! When we were heading out, we shared an elevator with a lady who had recently had to put down her 9 year old blue mini lop bunny, Thumper (he was a little sweetheart and we got to see a pic of him). She said seeing Apollo and Naomi just made her day!

They had a lot of fun playing in our hotel room and trying to slip past our bunny proofing! We didn't let them out onto the beach because we were afraid of what might happen if they ingested sand while cleaning themselves. If we get to go back next year, I may bring some chicken wire to enclose the balcony so it would be safe for them to go outside a bit. :)