Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Birthday Bunnies!

Simon and River are two years old today!  
Poor little River had a bit of a rough start to her birthday with some tummy issues, but after a dose of simethicone and some aspirin in cool mint tea, she was up and bouncing around like her old self.  Not sure what brought that on, but she's eating and going to the litter box again (part of the reason I waited to post this). 
The irony of her having that type of an issue on her 2nd birthday wasn't lost on me.  Now, on with the pictures!
It's good to see that age hasn't diminished Simon's goofiness.
After getting River to eat a bit of hay and some oats, I felt safe giving them both their birthday breakfast.  I combined their favorite treat of oats with a banana.  Yep, I'm a bunny chef! 
At this point, I heard Simon start buzzing while he was circling me working at the coffee table.  I think he wanted to kiss the cook.
The natives were getting restless.  They kept scenting the air once I peeled the banana and then they both tried to climb into my lap to see what I was making.
Birthday breakfast is served!  They wasted no time scarfing down the oat covered banana slice.  I was actually lucky to snap this picture.  A good time was had by all!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Simon & River! xoxo

I think you mentioned about baby simethicone in an older post. I still have to buy them, just in case my buns George or Betty has tummy issues. ~Sylvia

Courtney said...

Hi Sylvia!
I'll tell Simon and River that you wished them a happy birthday and give them a noogie for you! :)

Simethicone is definitely a good thing to have on hand along with plain aspirin cut up into the dose you need it to be--I have a little ziplock baggie with the dosage info on it (I wrote the simethicone one on the baggie too since I usually give them around the same time and I won't have to waste time hunting it down when I really need it). A small medicine dropper is something you'll want to keep with your bunny health care kit--you may need to go to a pet store since most human doses tend to start at 1 ml, and smaller bunnies tend to need less than that.

Hopefully George and Betty never need it! You'll have to give those two a noogie for me for good luck. :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing River and Simon a very happy second birthday! My two buns, Max and Sugar, enjoy hearing of their adventures.

Courtney said...

Aww, thank you! I'll tell Simon and River you wished them a happy birthday and that they have Max and Sugar as fans! :)

You'll have to give Max and Sugar a noogie for me.