Thursday, February 22, 2018

Lagomorph lexicon.

The bunnies were so insistent for breakfast this morning that the phenomenon really needed its own word.  Naturally, I started compiling a bunny dictionary.
 
bun·gry \ˈbəNGɡrē\ adj. 1:  an uncontrollable craving for pellets and treats that must be fulfilled immediately  2:  a physical state in which non-verbal communication is required to hasten pellet dispersal by any human in the vicinity  Simon and River find binkying and playing bungry work.

A short while later, a new word was added to the list:
 
bung·o·ver \ˌbəNGɡˈōvər\ adj.  suffering from a pellet, treat, and/or greens-induced food coma  Simon and River were bungover after breakfast.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, I shall use them too!

E.g. "I just woke up and am feeling very bungry!"

Mónica López said...

Bunnies are so impatient! I'm glad that they had a good breakfast!

Brian said...

All that food must have cost a bundred dollars!

Courtney said...

Hi Anon, Mónica, and Brian!

Nice--bunnyspeak begins its conquest of modern languages! :)

They really are. At least I made up for the delay by adding a sprinkling of oats. I do what I can to not be voted off the 'island' here!

Oooh...a new section of the lagomorph lexicon! Eco-nom-ics: The study of bun currency exchange for the acquiring/distribution of food.