Friday, November 18, 2022

Big day out!

The bunnies were NOT amused when they found out we were going to the vet instead of out for something called  'ice cream' like I had promised.

The vet said that it was awesome that they were turning 11 years old next month and that their hearts and lungs sounded good and everything they checked during the exam felt okay.  River will be getting a different antibiotic for the next two weeks to help get rid of her snuffles.  Simon gets to have a week of ear drops in both ears because River is good at sharing love and cooties.

Thanks for visiting the blog and we hope you all have a great weekend!  Stay safe out there and we'll be back with more bunny cuteness on Monday.

4 comments:

Tarosagi said...

I'm sure they were very grumpy after being poked and prodded and weighed, but I'm glad they came back with a clean bill of health, and I hope they get some ice cream or a nice bunny treat for their discomfort!

Courtney said...

Hi Tarosagi!

The little munchkins got a big dried cranberry when they got home (seriously, these things were the size of half a grape each). River is very happy with the change in antibiotic because this new one is pink and tastes like candy (trimethoprim sulfa). She even tried to grab the syringe out of my hand and take it with her! XD

Simon is waaaaay less happy about the ear drops and is proving to be a challenge to give them to, unlike his sister, who would patiently let me do what I needed to. I'm amazed he hasn't concussed himself with the force he tries to shake his head before I even get the dropper positioned in his ear.

Mónica López said...

Oh no, they look very pissed off! I'm glad to hear that Rover is taking well the change of meds, but I feel very bad for Simon bun, who now is cursed with the attention he thought he wanted.

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica!

It was kinda funny that they were both faced towards me when I took the pic and then Simon immediately turned around to give me 'bunny butt'. Little dude has been salty ever since we came home from the vet. The treats have increased, but the rabbitude is still off the charts.