Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My pellets were late this morning.

I imagine that a conversation between Penny and her wild kin would go something like this:

Wild Rabbit:  "What are these candy pellets of which you speak?  I know of no such substance."
Penny:  "What do you mean that candy pellets don't occur in nature?  I have a bowl full of them right here!"
Wild Rabbit:   "What's a bowl?"
Penny:  "Well, it's what the humans put the food in."
Wild Rabbit:  "Wait--did you just say that humans give you food?!"
Penny:  "Well, yeah.  I demand my pellets as soon as they wake up in the morning."
Wild Rabbit:  "Dang!  I usually just run and hide from humans.  Do they all give you food?"
Penny:  "All of the ones I've come across have.  You should stop hiding from them."
Wild Rabbit:  "Sounds like a plan!"

...and she never saw her woodland friend again.

No comments: