Monday, August 20, 2012

Why do we keep doing this?!

Well, that's a long drop.  Simon and River keep forgetting that it's a lot easier to jump up onto the couch than to hop back down.
After about three seconds of intense contemplation, River has decided to just roll with it.  You can see even farther if you stand up like this!
Simon still fretting over how he's going to get down has sucked all of the fun out of being up on the couch.
It looks like River is chastising Simon for making their species look bad.  He just needs to "bunny up" and wait until the female human stops using the flashy thing and helps get them both back down.
Poor Simon!  I helped him down first, much to his relief.

River decided to patiently wait for me over on the adjoining couch (such a daredevil).  I think she wonders why she's always the last to be helped down.  I don't think she cares too awful much about it because it just means that she gets extra time to explore from a better vantage point.

Ack!  Sorry for the late post today.  I hope the length of this one makes up for it.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

What kind of camera do you use? I'm so jealous of the clear shots you get of your rabbits!

Courtney said...

I use a Canon PowerShot SD780 IS digital camera. Nothing fancy, but it takes nice pics for a pocket sized point-and-shoot.

Believe me, after watching these two for a time, I've gotten better at anticipating when they're going to do something interesting just by their body language. Not that I still don't take about 5-10 bad pics (either not in focus or half of a bunny in the shot because they're moving too fast) for every good one. Not bad, but sometimes it is really hard to capture them doing something because Simon can hear the camera focus and River pays attention to the light before the flash comes on. Simon makes a game of getting close to me when he notices the camera so I can't get a good pic of him a lot of the time (sneaky little bun)!