Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Ha!  Give you treats?!  Nice trick.  Now, the way this works is that you give us treats.
I was all sorts of proud that this turned out after eight and a half hours of carving.  I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was 9 years old (pretty sure I got it all out of my system here).  I didn't have any proper carving tools, so I made do with an exacto-knife, a paring knife, a calligraphy nib, a spoon and some tips you use to pipe icing with (because they were sharp and metal).  I also found out the hard way that candles don't really work to light up a pumpkin if you don't do a cut-through.  Ben was kind enough to suggest using a light bulb from a table lamp, which is what you see sticking out of the pumpkin here (he was holding it in place so I could snap a pic of it).
I just had to do the side by side.  Hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween!