Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Monday.

I woke up to find Simon rearranging his cage.  I'm honestly impressed that he managed to flip his litter box sideways without completely spilling the contents.  Here he is showing me how awesome he is at interior decorating.
After moving his litter box back to its original position, Simon got a bit of an attitude and decided to show me exactly what he thought of me rearranging his room. 
I can't decide if he looks way too proud of himself for moving his toilet towards the center of his cage or if he's challenging me to move it back again.  I suppose I should be glad that he didn't decide to do anything other than sit there and stare at me.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the one ear up and one ear down look. My lop buns can't do that! ~Sylvia

Courtney said...

Yeah, I didn't realize some lops couldn't move their ears until the lady we got Simon and River from mentioned it. I guess that ear control is a quality that isn't favorable in show rabbits (something to do with how their ears sit on their head), which is probably one of the reasons why we were able to get these two as pets.

The ear control thing is pretty funny because sometimes I think they really have no idea what their ears are doing (kind of like a dog wagging its tail). When Simon and River decide their ears need cleaned, they end up having to "chase their ears down" and there is much flailing of one paw trying to snag one ear from either sticking straight up or going full horizontal propeller ear. The funny part is that it's always the one they want to clean that is hard to reach while the other is just laying flat against their cheek like a normal lop ear.

Anonymous said...

Lol, too cute!

Courtney said...

Thanks! :)