Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The tag-teaming continues...

Okay, so we're agreed--you distract the little human while I get behind the entertainment center.  Divide and conquer.  On three, break left and go do something cute or dangerous.  I don't care which, just buy me some time to get behind the baby gate!  1...2...3!
I'll binky down the stairs, which is both cute AND dangerous!
When I took this pic, I just thought he was going down the stairs like normal until the last second when he launched himself up and out instead of down--he scared the heck outta me!
He ended up sliding sideways down one step before I caught him...just in time to hear the sound of the baby gate crashing to the ground downstairs...
This is the sight that greeted me when I got downstairs.  I think she's shocked that there's an alcove behind there and it's loaded with bunny stuff.
And lots and lots of wires...expensive wires.
I finally managed to extricate her from there and she proceeded to go to the baby gate and try to nose-bonk it over.  I'm not quite sure what she was trying to accomplish with that move.
Oh yeah, like I'm just going to let you go back there again.
Access denied, little one.
Meanwhile...someone is feeling under-appreciated for their contribution of a near-death experience.
I found Simon sulking and giving us both "bunny butt" after dealing with River.
Poor little guy embarrassed himself on the stairs, received absolutely no credit for his diversionary tactics, and didn't even get to see what was behind the entertainment center.
River was left without back-up for rest of the evening.
Within 5 minutes, I caught River trying to thwart the baby gate again.  That is a guilty face (or she's just now realizing the importance of having a loyal sidekick).  This also proves that scolding a deaf bunny is a lesson in futility.

No comments: