Thursday, June 26, 2014

You're not helping!

I've discovered that when it comes time to "flush their toilets" each night, wherever I am becomes the most interesting place in the apartment to be.
As soon as they see the trash bag and bin of fresh litter, they come running and start trying to "help" me in my task.  Said help usually consists of jumping into their previously forgotten litter box and staring at me or jumping into and out of it spraying bunny funk all over their cage in excitement.
Once they've been chased out of the litter box, River generally makes a habit of trying to suffocate herself in the trash bag.  At least this time she isn't fighting me by trying to climb into the bag while I'm dumping the manky litter.  You laugh, but it has happened before!  She seems to not understand (or care) that this is the opposite of being helpful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well what do you expect, you're "stealing" their poop :)
My bunny Holly used to hate the broom and the mop for this reason (we found him trying to sneak up on them and pounce many times). It was a properly declared war.

Courtney said...

Oh, that is too cute! I'm picturing Holly sneaking up all James Bond-style to attack your cleaning supplies. XD

Yeah, I usually end up with River in my lap and Simon circling me as I dump their litter boxes into the trash bag. Both with expressions of ,"Hey--I wasn't done with that!" Poop thief indeed. :)