Friday, October 30, 2015

Ghosts of Halloween's past.

I have to admit that my husband is the one who first thought to dress up our rabbit, Penny.  He's a bit fuzzy as to the reason why (aside from it seeming to be a good idea at the time).  When I went searching for the picture, I found it aptly titled:  Do you have any idea how hard it is to pose a rabbit?  He foolishly assumed that she would co-operate and not attempt to play with and/or eat the props.  The lure of the pumpkin was just too great...it had to be tipped over right now.  What you see before you is the culmination of about an hour of enthusiastic play-time and Penny being too tuckered out to heed the siren call of the ceramic pumpkin.
Halloween 2010:
Here is a photo depicting the most patient bunny on the planet.  I can't believe she didn't try to eat the beard.  I think she's just resigned to waiting for the treats after the human stops using the flashy-thing.
Halloween 2011:

Inky's punishment for stealing Penny's Halloween candy was swift and terrible.
A bit of randomness I came up with that fits the season:
Halloween 2012:

Ha!  Give you treats?!  Nice trick.  Now, the way this works is that you give us treats.


I was all sorts of proud that this turned out after eight and a half hours of carving.  I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was 9 years old (pretty sure I got it all out of my system here).  I didn't have any proper carving tools, so I made do with an exacto-knife, a paring knife, a calligraphy nib, a spoon and some tips you use to pipe icing with (because they were sharp and metal).  I also found out the hard way that candles don't really work to light up a pumpkin if you don't do a cut-through.
Halloween 2013:


And they said that making a rabbit-themed version of 
Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven couldn't be done!
Halloween 2014:
 
 
 
 
Overall, I'd have to say that Simon and River tolerated their first real costumes pretty well.  Giving them both a hay cube probably helped.
 
Thanks for visiting the blog and be sure to come back tomorrow for a special Halloween post!  See you then!

No comments: