Wednesday, May 27, 2020

To the Class of 2020...

Congratulations!

A bit of helpful advice:

1.  You can't always control some of the events that life throws at you, but you can control how you react to them.

2.  Never stop learning--even if what you discover upsets a previously held notion or bias.  It's okay to change your stance on something when new facts come to light.  Seek knowledge because it is necessary to you, because it will enrich your life, and because it will allow you to help make this world a little bit better than it was when you found it.

4 comments:

Mónica López said...

Simon's getting a WiFi signal!
I was supposed to graduate this year from my master's degree but I'm glad I'm here watching bunnies!

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica!

Lol! :)

Aww, we're glad you're here too. Were you able to complete your studies and defend your thesis (assuming your degree required that)?

Mónica López said...

Thankfully, I did! At least I have that!

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica!

Yay--Congratulations! Wishing you all the best on the next step of your journey. :)