Monday, June 7, 2021

We're back!

Love makes even the toughest times a bit better.

Losing a parent is hard and I wanted to thank you all for your kind words and support over the past few weeks.

Mom would always get a chuckle out of Simon and River's antics, so I have to share one that was referenced in many a phone call after it happened.   Mom and I were about to hop off the phone one day when River apparently had strong opinions about something and decided to just start talking to herself...loudly.  Mom heard the weird combination of sounds in the background and mistook it for Big Human saying something.  It became a running joke from that point on that Big Human sounds like River. 

5 comments:

Mónica López said...

I'm so glad to see you back! I hope things are better and you all are feeling well. If you need more time, don't worry we won't mind.
On another note, it's so funny imagining River talking to herself! Since she is deaf she is probably not aware of how loud she can be. I bet she is delighted to know she sounds like her favorite human!

Tarosagi said...

Welcome back, it's nice to share such nice memories and show love for those sweet bunnies together. I can't even imagine what River sounds like but I would definitely enjoy hearing her talk!

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica and Tarosagi!

Aww, thanks--We're just taking things day by day and muddling our way through.

It is funny how loud a deaf bunny can be! River just babbles all the time like she's narrating whatever adventure has presented itself. Most of the time, she uses her 'inside voice' where it's about the noise level of a bunny purr and you have to assume it must be like a stage whisper to other bunnies. Other times, you can easily hear her from across the room, which would be the bunny equivalent to screaming into a megaphone.

I wish I had better recording equipment to actually capture the weird little sounds she makes--all the hoots, meeps, chattering and grunts barely register if there's any background noise. I'll have to figure something out when I get the chance!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Was that pun intended when you said "hop off the phone"?

Courtney said...

Hi Anon!

Thank you! Indeed it was. ;)