Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Where is he?!

Big human had to fly across country for work this morning.  When River woke up, the luggage and his shoes were gone.

She kept searching for the missing shoes (and her favorite human) in between thumping, staring at the door, staring at me, then back to the spot where the missing shoes should be.  I think she assumes I did something to make him go because I didn't help her form a search party.

[sigh]  Not quite sure how I'm going to communicate to her that he's coming back on Friday.

3 comments:

Mónica López said...

This poor girl must have been so distressed! Did she calm down? I'd love to see her reaction to Big Human epic return!

Tarosagi said...

What a sweet girl and so observant that her favorite human's belongings are nowhere to be found! Has River done any detective work in the past, because she's a natural!

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica and Tarosagi!

She really was--so many angry meeps and thumping! She eventually settled into quiet sulking. I turned on the video phone feature and held it out to her when I talked to big human tonight. She nose-bonked his face on the phone! :)

She is such a little sweetheart! Her past detective work centered around finding treats, so I think it's been pretty helpful in her search for big human. ;)