Wednesday, January 12, 2022

But what does it mean?!

This is River's 'I'm communicating!' face.  I'll direct your attention to the hieroglyphic-like placement of bunny poo on the right of the pic.  I seriously have no idea how she managed that because it doesn't look random given the spacing.  She is seriously proud of herself here...and I still have no idea what she's trying to tell me.

I think it's just now dawning on her that I'm a bit simple and she's gonna have to dumb this way down for the average human.

(What River sees:  😜 Duh?)

I gave her some noogies and a treat, which seems to be something I'm good at!

(What River sees:  😀 Give bunny food! Yay!) 

3 comments:

Tarosagi said...

Could this be the first recorded contact between humans and bunnies using bunny poop hieroglyphs?! You're right those bunny poops are way too organized to be random droppings. At least River is polite and will give you her sweetest smile while you rack your brain trying to figure out what the glyphs mean. I'm no expert but, I'm sure that if you were to interpret her glyphs as "give me all the food and cuddles!" she wouldn't be upset that you're lost in translation.

Mónica López said...

Looks like a constellation to me. I guess River is into astronomy?
Ps: can't stop laughing at her funny faces she is very expressive!

Courtney said...

Hi Tarosagi and Mónica!

Good thing I captured this moment for posterity! Hopefully, I'll stumble across some bunny poo hieroglyph deciphering Rosetta stone soon to finally solve this mystery. You're right--in the meantime, she seems content with the noogies and treats. ;)


Ooh, it could be the coordinates for the bunny homeworld! Maybe she's offering the big human and I passage because we're such loyal servants? Hopefully they have a bun spaceship because NASA we are not.
Lol--I know, right?! She was so earnest about communicating too--just like she was once we realized she was deaf and started using hand signals with her!