Wednesday, December 14, 2022

They lied.

When I went on the field trip to the other room, they did not give me ice cream like they said they would.  They gave me something called subcutaneous fluids, which is the opposite of ice cream!  And don't think I didn't hear them talking about the metronidazole (an antibiotic for the gut) tasting like the most awful thing ever and that I'd have to take that twice a day.  At least they added banana flavoring to the other medicine (metoclopramide--a gut motility drug), so I guess it isn't a total loss.

Simon was a very good boy at the vet's and was complimented by the vet tech, who said he looked like a little bumble bee.  Later on, he mentioned that while giving the fluids, Simon was licking his hand.  Simon made a new friend today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grumpy...grumpy... 🐰

Alex said...

OMG ! He seems very grumpy ahaha
I hope everything is ok Simon :)

Tarosagi said...

I'm glad Simon behaved himself at the vet, even if he did get prescribed lots of yucky medicine, I'm sure what kept him from being completely upset were the compliments he got on being a cute little striped bumblebee! Hopefully ice cream was served when he got home and I hope he gets a lot of banana to cover up the yucky medicine!

Courtney said...

Hi Anon!

The little dude really was!

Hi Alex!

He was definitely cranky-pantsing it up, but it's hard to blame him given how long he's been dealing with this. Hopefully we can get him sorted out quickly! I'll give the little fella a noogie for you!

Hi Mónica!

You could tell that the vet tech was struggling to act "professional" and not succumb to Simon's sweet little goofy self. I'm sure he got lots of noogies on the way back to the exam room when no one was watching! Aww, thanks--I'll give our little bumblebun a get well soon noogie for you!

Hi Tarosagi!

The vet tech definitely knew that the way to Simon's heart is flattery! Oh, the little fella got straight banana blueberry baby food to follow the yucky medicine and get the taste out of his mouth. Initially, he gave me a look after the yucky stuff ('How could you do this to me?!') and the yummy baby food turned that little frown upside down. :)