Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The search continues.

Mr. Giraffe:  The good news is that I've located a pair of slippers.  The bad news is that they belong to big human.

River:  Big human is cool--I can't pee those.  Keep looking.  Little human's slippers have got to be around here somewhere!

Mr. Giraffe:  We've been searching for her slippers for weeks now.  Couldn't you just pee on a few packages of what seem to be Christmas presents instead?

River:  Dude.  I'm pretty sure Santa would put us both on the 'naughty list' permanently if I did that.  I don't know about you, but I like candy and presents!

Mr. Giraffe:  Fair point.  I'll keep looking.  

3 comments:

Tarosagi said...

Uh oh, shenanigans abound! Now that River is recovering and feeling better it's time to put the blame on the little human for all the yucky medication she has to take.

I think there's one loophole you can exploit... put a Christmas bow on your slippers so that it's a present to yourself, that way River and Mr. Giraffe wont touch them because they don't want to get on Santa's naughty list!

Mónica López said...

River better find those slippers quick because her bladder is not what it used to be! Nobody wants to find a "present" in the middle of the living room, but I'm certain River would mourn the loss of perfectly good ammunition.
River, be reasonable. All this yucky medicine is earning you good girl points in Santa's eyes, keep up with the good job!

Courtney said...

Hi Tarosagi!
Oooh--that's a great idea to camouflage my slippers as presents! I can be festive and keep my slippers urine-free. :)

Hi Mónica!
That is true, she is a little pee fountain with all of the greens, fluids, and wet food I've been giving her. She's definitely been racking up the good girl points lately! Hopefully she won't try to redeem them for Santa putting pee in my shoes instead of doing it herself. Not quite sure how that particular Christmas wish would play out. I suppose I could counter-wish to maintain dry, urine-free slippers but I'm pretty sure River's good girl points outnumber mine. ;)