Monday, August 17, 2026

Apollo is just a little munchkin!

Here Apollo is at 18 weeks old just before surgery trying to look like a big bunny.

When he really looks like this. The vet said he weighed 2.2 pounds at his spay neuter on Friday.

To give an idea of size, Amos was 3 pounds and Naomi was 4 pounds at 15 weeks old, so Apollo is fun-sized!

Apollo is all tuckered out and is using his pine-cone as a pillow with his little paw up on it! He's been eating very well on his own and going to the litter box like normal, so he's definitely on the mend. Thank you all for your well wishes!

5 comments:

Mónica López said...

Chihuahua size. You can put Apollo in your bag and take him with you anywhere! Don't worry Apollo, size doesn't matter, it's the aura what counts!

Tarosagi said...

Apollo is a bantamweight bun!

I'm shocked that he's even smaller than little Amos, at that age, but then again they are different breeds of buns! If Apollo was a Netherland/Dutch he'd be the tiniest of the tiny!

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica!
Lol--he would probably be okay with that! I swear, the things that you'd expect bunnies to be bothered by, he isn't and the things you'd expect him to be okay with, he gets spooked by. He is a special little fella! :)

Courtney said...

Hi Tarosagi!
I know, right?! I had to look back through old vet records to see how much smaller Apollo is compared to Amos and Naomi once the vet told me his weight. I wonder if he's going to be River-sized when he grows up (around 3 pounds) even though his parents were in the mid-upper 4 pound range. The little fella is full of surprises!

Anonymous said...

So Apollo is a boy after all 😊