Wednesday, September 1, 2021

A trip down memory lane.

On what would have been Mom's 74th birthday, I have to share a cute memory of her and her 'grandbunnies':

Mom had remembered that our old bunny, Penny, absolutely loved grapes.

She came up to me with about 5 globe grapes cupped in her hands and asked, "How many grapes can I give the bunnies?"  As you can imagine, Mom immediately became Simon's favorite human as he ran over to be first in line for treats.

I took one look at the almost golf ball-sized grapes and said, "How about we just give them each half of one?"  Both Simon and Mom looked a bit crestfallen, but watching her hand feed the little munchkins and laugh at their little bunny tongues trying to capture every bit of grape juice will always make me smile.

This pic is evidence of the epic sugar crash after the best grapes ever!

3 comments:

Mónica López said...

I am so sorry about your mom, she sounded like an amazing woman and a great bunma! Simon and River were so lucky! I guess nobunny slept during that sugar rush!

Tarosagi said...

Grandma's grapes are the best grapes! Oh I'm sure she loved the bunnies so very much and spoiled them like any loving grandma spoils her grandchildren! I'm sure River and Simon miss Grandma very much, but they'll never forget all the love and snacks they received!

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica and Tarosagi!

Aww, thank you and she really was! She was my co-conspirator when River figured out how to escape her vacation home like Houdini. Somehow River had managed to figure out how to open the door of her cage and we found her sitting in the middle of the room when we got home. Mom said, "Let's not tell Dad about this," as I scooped the wayward munchkin up and got her back in her cage and secured it with a twist-tie. ;)

They were and she definitely did! I do think Simon and River knew something was wrong and were extra good while we were there. Usually on the second day there, one of them will try to claim the entire basement as their territory by starting a small fight with the other. They didn't do that this time, which was one less thing to worry about. :)