Thursday, October 28, 2021

A hoppy harvest.

I decided to try my hand at growing lettuce for the bunnies in my little make-shift grow box.  I ended up harvesting about 6 oz of leaves from three plants that really took off (only 35 days from seed to harvest).

It looks like Parris Island romaine and Black-Seeded Simpson lettuces like my coffee container, peat pellet, and miracle grow tomato food Kratky hydroponic set-up.

It makes me happy to see that Simon and River are enjoying the results of my gardening efforts! 😊

3 comments:

Mónica López said...

The best part of a harvest is giving the noms to the bunnies!

Tarosagi said...

Great harvest! Nothing better than fresh home grown greens look at them devour it all, I bet River is going to eat most of her lettuce and then jump into Simon's cage hoping Simon hasn't finished eating and then tell Simon that his cage is the other one so she can finish off his lettuce!

Courtney said...

Hi Mónica and Tarosagi!

It really is nice to see them nomming on their greens and not pull a rabbitude thing and ignore them! :)

Aww, thanks! She'd have to be a much faster eater to beat Simon annihilating his greens before she managed to hop over there. That little dude can put some greens away! ;)